NEWLANDS CHURCH AND FORMER SCHOOL -Allerdale - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church and former school, now meeting room. Church rebuilt in 1843 on earlier site; school dated 1877. Painted roughcast walls under graduated greenslate roof. 3-bay nave/chancel with south stone porch and west twin bellcote. Single-storey 2-bay former school adjoins west end.... Interior of church has gallery over vestibule and vestry, giving access to both school and church. Royal Arms of George II dated 1737. C17 pulpit and lecturn. Wainscoating is of reused C17 panelling. Stained glass window as First World War memorial...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1144570
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 220 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES