Langdale War Memorial - List Entry

  • Description

    "...The memorial is situated in the churchyard to the west of the listed Grade II Church of the Holy Trinity, Chapel Stile. The memorial commemorates local servicemen who fell during the First World War. The memorial was designed by architect Jonathan Stables of Ambleside....The memorial was unveiled on 26 September 1920 by Mr F E T Jones-Balme of High Close, Ambleside and dedicated by the Vicar. Following the Second World War, a tablet was added at the base of the memorial to commemorate the men who fell in that conflict...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1457094
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 7 months, 1 week ago
    Viewed: 86 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES