St Kentigern's Church, Castle Sowerby

  • Description

    "Castle Sowerby is an ancient parish. The church was built in the 12C, consisting of a shorter nave and a chancel. It was lengthened at each end in the 13C, and the south aisle, porch and belfry added in the 16C. It was repaired and altered in the 18C, 1889 and 1931. There is a well somewhere nearby." Photo by Humphrey Bolton, 2006.
  • Owner

    Humphrey Bolton
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/274121
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 109 times
    Picture Taken: 2006-11-01
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES