Description"Looking down on the village from the top of the Lancaster Canal aqueduct. Sedgwick was largely developed by the Wakefield family who opened a gunpowder works nearby in the 18th century. This was the major source of employment until 1920 when gunpowder ceased to be produced there. The family subsequently built Sedgwick House." Photo by Stephen McKay, 2008.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1098804
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Viewed: 17 times
Picture Taken: 2008-12-26