Description"This unusual canal aqueduct has dominated the village of Sedgwick since it was built in 1819 by John Fletcher to a design by the canal's engineer, John Rennie. It once carried the Lancaster Canal between Preston and Kendal, but this northern stretch has been abandoned; it is, however, still possible to walk across the aqueduct." Photo by Stephen McKay, 2008.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1098790
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Viewed: 21 times
Picture Taken: 2008-12-26