CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS - Killington - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. C14 with alterations of C17, vestry of 1894. Roughcast stone with ashlar dressings, slate roof. Single-vessel nave and chancel, west tower and south vestry. North facade of 5 bays. 1st bay has C14 straight-headed window of 2 cusped lights; 2nd bay has C17 2-light straight-headed window; 3rd bay has 3-light C14 window as to 1st bay; 4th and 5th bays have single lights of C16 or C17, that to 4th bay double-chamfered. South facade has C17 windows,...Black marble wall tablet to north side, Jane Cook (died 1771), architrave and pediment. East window has stained glass of 1907. Former font, early to mid C17, timber, octagonal moulded bowl on 16-sided shaft with octagonal pyramidal timber cover. Built as the chapel to Killington Hall (q.v.) by Pickering family and became parochial in 1585...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1335928
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month ago
    Viewed: 47 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES