St. Mary's Church, Coxhoe

  • Description

    "St. Mary's Church was consecrated on the 14th May 1868 and is located on the west side of Church Street through the centre of the village. The southern wall of the building features a number of arched windows and the main entrance in the south western corner through a porch with steep pitched roof. The church was never fully completed and lacks a tower with a steeple and an aisle on the north side (1). Instead the north side of the nave has five stuccoed bays of brick where the aisle was originally intended..."
  • Owner

    Keys to the Past (Durham & Northumbria County Councils)
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.keystothepast.info/article/10339/Site-Details?PRN=D49034
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 8 months, 1 week ago
    Viewed: 136 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES