Preston Patrick

  • Description

    In use. Built in 1691 after Preston Patrick Friends had been reconciled following the Wilkinson-Storey Separation; John Storey being a member of Preston Patrick Meeting at a time when there were two Meetings for Worship and two business meetings, John Storey being opposed to separate business meetings for women Friends. Rebuilt 1869. On the other side of the car park there is a large building which was once the coach house, stable and school room. It is now used by a private business.
  • Owner

    Britain Quaker Meeting Houses
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-NoDerivs License
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/98826199@N00/159236928/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 200 times
    Picture Taken: 2006-05-20T13:34:57
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES