CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS - Watermillock - List entry

  • Description

    "Church. 1881-84. By C. J. Ferguson. Narrow coursed slate with sandstone ashlar dressings and slate roof. Nave, west tower, and chancel with south vestry. Coped gables and quoins; lancet windows and some single-chamfered mullioned windows. Tower has north gabled porch....Wall memorials from earlier (?C16) church include Castlehow family brass dated 1562 and John and Jane Dobson (died 1742 and 1743), cartouche with scrolls, cherubs etc. Basin font of polished granite with etched decoration. Chancel arch on short corbelled responds. Lectern on tripod. Pulpit and stalls with Jacobean detail. South organ loft..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 247 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.