Alston Meeting House History

  • Description

    "From 1668 to 1902 Alston was in the care of Allendale Monthly Meeting in Northumberland Quarterly Meeting. Since 1981 it has been in the care of Carlisle and Holm Monthly Meeting, now part of Cumberland Area Meeting. The meeting house is set in one corner of its burial ground and stands end-on to Front Street. Friends contributed towards the cost of building the first meeting house, which was opened in 1732....."
  • Owner

    Cumberland Quakers
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.cumberlandquakers.org.uk/local-meetings/alston/history/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 285 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES