Alston

  • Description

    In use. Built as a single storey in 1732, the extra storey was added in 1764. Subsequently the two ground floor windows, which had been of the size of the first floor, were enlarged and provided with sashes. Despite the date of 1732 on it, the porch was added after 1848. The meeting was discontinued in 1902 and reopened in 1981. The building was refurbished in 1996.
  • Owner

    Britain Quaker Meeting Houses
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? All Rights Reserved (Seek permission to reuse)
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/98826199@N00/2644794359/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 179 times
    Picture Taken: 2006-05-21T14:00:13
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES