Description"Opened in 1847 by the Newcastle & Berwick Railway on the line from Newcastle to the Coast, this terminus station closed in 1882 when it was superseded by what later became Tynemouth Metro station. It continued in use as a goods station until 1959. View east towards the main building, partially hidden by the tree. The platforms were on the other side of the wall, with buffers just in front of the main building." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2010.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4234236
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 months ago
Viewed: 31 times
Picture Taken: 2010-09-17