Description"Opened by the Newcastle and Berwick Railway on 29 March 1847 to the designs of John and Benjamin Green and R Nicholson, the station closed to passengers with the opening of the current Metro Station by the North Eastern Railway on 3 July 1882. The station was retained for goods use until March 1959. Now residential accommodation, the station building is listed, Grade II. Further information on Disused Stations http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/t/tynemouth_nb/index.shtml" Photo by Anthony Foster, 2020.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6580994
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 months ago
Viewed: 28 times
Picture Taken: 2020-08-15