Description"This Grade II-listed building was built c. 1720 to house estate staff from Seaton Delaval Hall, and was originally known as Clark's Houses. When the first Ordnance Survey Six-Inch map of the area was published in 1865 the property was named as being 'Clark's Houses (Bee Hive P.H.)' which was subsequently, on the publication of the 1898 map, amended to 'Clark's Houses (Beehive Inn)'. The inn stands on Hartley Lane (B1235), once known as Clark's Lane, and despite a number of refurbishments over time, the inn still maintains its old charm and character. For a selection of detailed free to download walking routes in the area visit www.northtynesidewalks.co.uk" Photo by Geoff Holland, 2020.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6442410
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 1 month, 1 week ago
Viewed: 27 times
Picture Taken: 2020-04-14