Sedbergh: St Andrew

  • Description

    "St Andrew's Church, Sedbergh, is in Main Street, Sedbergh, Cumbria, England. It is an active parish church in the Deanery of Kendal, and the Diocese of Carlisle. Its benefice is united with those of St Mark, Cautley, and St John the Baptist, Garsdale, to form the benefice of Sedbergh, Cautley and Garsdale. The church is designated by English Heritage as a Grade 1 listed building dating back over 700 years with extensive late Victorian re-ordering and notable stained glass. The present church dates mainly from about 1500, but fabric from earlier churches has been incorporated...."
  • Owner

    Church of England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.achurchnearyou.com/church/6922/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 323 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES