St Anthony's Tower Approximately 150 Metres East of A6 North of Milnthorpe

  • Description

    "Folly in shape of Tower. Probably early C19 (recorded as in existence by 1832). Stone rubble with dressed stone corniced parapet. Circular plan. 2 storeys. 5 window openings, not glazed with roughly cut lintels and cills and doors approached by flight of external steps at first floor. Ground floor has window opening to south and slit openings to remaining sides. Visible as landscape feature from some considerable distance all round..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1350009
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month ago
    Viewed: 29 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES