CHURCH OF ST MARY - Outhgill - List Entry

  • Description

    "Chapel of Ease, founded C14; extensively rebuilt 1663 for Lady Anne Clifford (renewed inscription over porch door). Restored 1768, 1879 and 1909. Coursed, squared rubble on plinth; buttresses to north and west walls.... Interior has panel with Royal coat-of-arms dated 1663 in chancel. Panelled polygonal pulpit, with adjustable reading stand, 1798. Small octagonal font with moulded base and top, 1663. Bread cupboard next to south door for MIDDLETON'S CHARITY, 1784...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1137320
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 241 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES