Inscription, St Mary's Church, Outhgill

  • Description

    "'This chapple of Mallerstang, after itt had layne ruinous and decayed some 50 or 60 years, was new repayred by the Lady Anne Clifford, Countesse Dowager of Pembroke, Dorsette & Montgomery in the year 1663 who allsoe endowed the same with lands which she purchased in Cawtley near Sedbergh to the yearly value of eleaven pounds for ever. Isaiah Chap 58 ver 12. God's name be praised.' The panel is embedded above the door in view here [[3412040]]" Photo by Karl and Ali, 2013.
  • Owner

    Karl and Ali
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3415722
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 3 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 339 times
    Picture Taken: 2013-04-13
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES