CHURCH OF ST JAMES - Uldale - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. C12 with extensive alterations of 1730 and additions of 1837 with restoration of 1914 by J.H. Martindale. Whitewashed rubble on chamfered plinth under graduated greenslate roof with coped gables. 3-bay nave with west double bellcote; single-bay chancel with north vestry. Nave has west double doors in C18 stone architrave with cornice. North wall is medieval but south wall was rebuilt in 1730...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1327223
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 125 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES