CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY - Seathwaite - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. 1874. Money given by H.W. Schneider. Coursed slate rubble with slate roof. Single vessel nave and chancel with north organ loft and vestry. South elevation has 4 plain unchamfered lancet windows, with wide buttress between nave and chancel. Gabled porch has pointed arch and angle buttresses; flat rough stone attached, now with sundial, used at one time as shearing stool by Rev Robert Walker, for 67 years curate, made famous by Wordsworth as 'Wonderful Walker'...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1158413
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 7 months, 2 weeks ago
    Viewed: 46 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES