Borrowdale

  • Description

    "Chapelry and township in Crosthwaite parish, Allerdale above Derwent ward, Cumberland....manor of Borrowdale was granted out of forest of Derwentfells in 1211 to Furness Abbey and Fountains Abbey, who held it until Dissolution. Sir Wilfred Lawson of Isel Hall purchased it 1614 and it descended in Lawson family...."
  • Owner

    Cumbria County History Trust
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.cumbriacountyhistory.org.uk/township/borrowdale
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 124 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES