CHURCH OF ST MARGARET - Low Wray - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. 1845. Possibly by H.P. Horner. Dressed stone with ashlar window dressings, slate roof. Nave, chancel with south tower and north vestry. 3-bay nave has 3-light west window with Decorated tracery and angle buttresses; gable cross. North and south facades have cusped lancets, between weathered buttresses. South porch is gabled, the gable with sundial dated 1856 and cross; clasping buttresses and plain-chamfered pointed entrance.....Canon Rawnsley, one of the founders of the National Trust, was an incumbent of this church...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1335724
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 249 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES