Wray Castle [5]

Related Pages


Wray Castle


Low Wray

  • Description

    "The clock on a corner of the service wing. Wray Castle was built in the 1840s in the Gothic Revival style with some elaborate internal features. It became the property of the National Trust in 1929 and since has been used for a variety of purposes - a youth hostel; the offices of the Freshwater Biological Association; a training college for Merchant Navy radio officers which later diversified into ROV and general telecoms training. The castle has been open to the public since 2011. Listed, grade II*, with details at: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1106324" Photo by Michael Dibb, 2019.
  • Owner

    Michael Dibb
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6223427
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 256 times
    Picture Taken: 2019-06-21
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES