HANBY AND SUTTON CHEST TOMBS 10 METRES SOUTH WEST OF OLD CHURCH OF ST. MARY - Brignall - List Entry

  • Description

    "3 chest tombs, late C17 and early C18. Cut stone. Each has top slab with moulded edges. The large eastern tomb has a Latin inscription to John Hanby d.1684, and later members of his family. To west, the southern tomb has a Latin inscription to William Sutton d.1715 and Margaret his wife d.1716; the northern is inscribed: Here lieth/the Body of Mr/JOHN SVTTON son/of CAP.THO.SVTT/who was Mr of his/company in ye year/1700 Goldsmith/in London/He Died Decemb/in ye Year 1719/of his Age 77...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1310629
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month, 2 weeks ago
    Viewed: 20 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES