Old Catholic Church - Murton

  • Description

    "Photograph of the exterior of the west end of the old Roman Catholic Church in Murton, showing a building with a corrugated iron roof and five stained glass widows resembling those in a domestic house; in front of the building is a crucifix casting a dramatic shadow on the church; beyond the church, part of a house can be seen. Date: 1950 - 1959"
  • Owner

    People Past and Present - Durham County Council
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://ppparchive.durham.gov.uk/photos/picviewer.asp?next=1556
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 9 months, 2 weeks ago
    Viewed: 83 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES