CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL - Esh - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. 1770 rebuilding, dated on interior, on medieval site; extensive alterations in 1850; south porch added 1884. Coursed squared sandstone rubble, thinly rendered in places, with ashlar plinth and dressings; roof of graduated Lakeland slates, and porch roof stone-flagged,with stone gable copings. Nave with south porch and transept; chancel with north porch. Gabled porch has chamfered, cusped 2-centred-arched surround to boarded door with ornamental hinges, in shafted, roll-moulded arch with leaf-stopped dripmould...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1185953
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 261 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES