CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT WITH ST MARY - Carlisle - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church of England church. Dated 1778 on weather vane, built by Messrs Hayton, Lowthian and Lowrey on a medieval site. Coursed red sandstone ashlar on chamfered plinth (all dressings of calciferous sandstone), with V-jointed quoins, string course, cornice and solid parapets....HISTORY: One of two parish churches of Carlisle before its C19 expansion. Construction work recorded in Cumberland Pacquet, (1778) and its opening in Cumberland Pacquet (1779). Original drawings and specifications are in Cumbria County Record Office; architect's name not recorded..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1218565
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 108 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES