CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST - Low Dinsdale - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. Late C12 nave and chancel; C14 south aisle; restored and tower, organ chamber/vestry and porch added in 1876 by J.P. Pritchett. Red sandstone: dressed medieval masonry on chancel and part of south aisle; remainder mainly 1876 tooled squared stone in harrow courses. Large Welsh slates on roofs. Nave with west tower and separately-roofed south aisle with porch; chancel with organ chamber/vestry on north. 1876 pointed windows mainly with Geometrical tracery. Diagonally-buttressed, 4-stage tower..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1319947
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years ago
    Viewed: 235 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES