St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church, Church Lane, Murton

  • Description

    "The original Roman Catholic Church on this site was consecrated in 1899 at the same time that the St. Joseph's Roman Catholic School was opened across the road. This church was demolished and replaced with a new building in 1964-5.....the present church is a large building with an imposing south facing gable with tall portico over the entrance and a large five-light window. The entrance is approached by a tapering flight of stairs (wider at the bottom than the top), with wrought iron railings at the sides...."
  • Owner

    Keys to the Past (Durham & Northumbria County Councils)
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.keystothepast.info/article/10339/Site-Details?PRN=D49469
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 week, 6 days ago
    Viewed: 12 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES