CHURCH OF ST LAURENCE - Morland - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish Church, C11 with later additions and alterations; extensively restored in C19. Coursed, squared rubble with quoins to tower; angle transept buttresses. Graduated slate roofs with copings and kneelers; stumpy lead spire to tower carries 1769 weathercock. West tower, 3-bay aisled nave, transept arm, and chancel. 3-stage tower is pre-conquest with large balusters supporting imposts to paired openings on each side. C17 gabled south porch has stone benches to either side. Panelled C18 inner door has C13 surround with pointed head. Two C19 windows to right in C18 openings. 2 dated panels to nave parapet; 1753 on centre south and 1772 to west end on south side. C13 lancet windows in south transept...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1226108
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 276 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES