St Lawrence Morland

  • Description

    Official Website of the Church as part of the North Westmorland group of Churches. "St Lawrence’s Church has the only Anglo-Saxon Tower in Cumbria; although the top storey was added in the 17th century, the rest retains many original features. The tower contains a 17th century bell-chamber housing three bells, dated 1696, 1727 and 1764. Although nothing is known of the original building that went with the tower, the present 12th century nave and 12th and 13th century chancel and transepts are well documented. The chancel was largely rebuilt in the 16th century, but some original features were retained. The interior was restored in the 1896...."
  • Owner

    North Westmorland Churches
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://northwestmorlandchurches.org.uk/the-churches/st-lawrence-morland/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 274 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES