Description"The place where the Clashope and Ingram burns meet the sea was originally named Brocksmouth. In 1257 Henry II granted the monks of Farne Island a small plot of land here on which they built a storehouse for their provisions. This building was called Monk's House. In the C19th one of the buildings was a tavern called St Cuthbert's Inn." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2015.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4387401
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 months ago
Viewed: 19 times
Picture Taken: 2015-03-14