Description"The remains of a small building can be seen on a small gravely knoll in the field still known as Chapel Field, south of Humbleton. The top of the knoll has been flattened to allow a building to constructed. This is thought to be the old chapel of the deserted village of Humbleton. Human bones were ploughed out of the field in 1854. http://www.keystothepast.info/article/10339/site-Details?PRN=N1524 The chapel along with part of its graveyard is a Scheuled Monument (List Entry Number: 1017378) https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1017378" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2019.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6185273
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 1 year, 7 months ago
Viewed: 184 times
Picture Taken: 2019-06-06