DRYBECK HALL AND ATTACHED BUILDINGS - List Entry

Related Pages


Drybeck Hall


Drybeck

  • Description

    "House, 1679 with later kitchen outshut to rear. Coursed, squared rubble on plinth. Graduated slate roof has corniced stone chimneys to south end and to right of centre; outshut is stone flagged. 2-storey, 8-bay front. Part-glazed door has moulded jambs and lintel with carved crenellation, initials, and date ("W.S. & G.S. 1679"); stone block fastened to ground in front of right jamb has shallow bowl to top surface, concave corner mouldings, and "Ann Shepherd 1742" carved on front....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1144937
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month ago
    Viewed: 8 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES