CHURCH OF ST JOHN - Grayrigg - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. 1837 with tower of 1869. By George Webster. Stone rubble with slobbered mortar, roughcast to south facade, ashlar dressings and slate roof; tower of dressed stone and ashlar. Nave, west tower and east apse. 5-bay nave has weathered buttresses and diagonal buttresses. Lancet windows have splayed reveals. Gabled south porch has pointed entrance and datestone: 1837...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1086874
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month, 1 week ago
    Viewed: 31 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES