CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL - Wark - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. 1814-18 by H.H. Seward for the Church Commissioners. Ashlar with Lakeland slate roof. West tower, nave, short chancel and north vestry. Battlemented west tower acts as porch and has pointed-arched doorway with chamfered surround. Similar chamfers to all openings. Small lancet above door and above that tall arched louvred bell opening with Y-tracery. Similar tracery to 3-bay nave. Short chancel has 3-light east window with intersecting tracery....2 painted coats of arms of George III and the Greenwich Commissioners; also framed commandments and creed...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1154703
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 180 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES