Tyne and Wear HER(4684): Ouseburn, Glasshouse Bridge

  • Description

    "A stone bridge over the Ouseburn referred to as 'Glass House Bridge' is shown on Hutton's map of Newcastle, 1770. It is thought to have been built in 1609, and was rebuilt three times between 1619 and 1908 when it was finally demolished as the quayside was extended. It had already been superseded by the high level Glasshouse Bridge which lies some 50 metres to the north...."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/4684
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 339 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES