East Heddon

  • Description

    "This is the site of the deserted medieval village of East Heddon. It was first recorded in 1296, when there were six taxpayers living here. By the early 19th century only three farms and a few cottages remained here. Little can be seen of the earlier village beyond a few earthworks..."
  • Owner

    Keys to the Past
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.keystothepast.info/article/10339/Site-Details?PRN=N10860
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 months ago
    Viewed: 50 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES