Old Felton deserted village

  • Description

    "The medieval settlement of Felton, known as Felton Parva or Superior, was a member of the barony of Mitford. It is known from documents in the 13th century when it was mostly held by Brinkburn Priory. Details of changes in ownership are documented in the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries. However, by 1769 only one farm is shown on a map of the county. Remains of the village's field system survive as ridge and furrow earthworks near Old Felton Farm...."
  • Owner

    Keys to the Past (Durham & Northumbria County Councils)
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.keystothepast.info/article/10339/Site-Details?PRN=N4331
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years ago
    Viewed: 181 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES