Topics > Northumberland > Old Felton

Old Felton


Old Felton is a hamlet in Northumberland, located off the Old A1 road, roughly 1 mile north-west of the village of Felton and 1 mile south-east of Swarland. Old Felton is the site of a medieval village, which was held by Brinkburn Priory in the 13th century; the settlement had reduced to a single farm by the 18th century.[1] In the 19th century, Acton with Old Felton was a township in the ancient Parish of Felton. Today the settlement comprises of Old Felton Farm and a few cottages. The farm breeds alpacas and there is Woodland Chase Glamping here.

Northumberland Acton with Old Felton, Township, 1848
from Geograph (geograph)
Old Felton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The old A1 at Old Felton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Arable land at Old Felton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.keystothepast.in...
Old Felton deserted village
- "The medieval settlement of Felton, known as Felton Parva or Superior, was a member of the barony of Mitford. It is known from documents in the 13th century when it ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES