CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ST PATRICK - Lambley - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church, 1885 by William Searle Hicks. Squared stone with dressings, roof of Hardrow tiles. Nave, chancel, south porch and organ chamber. Free C13 style. Plinth, string course at sill level. Nave of 3 bays, with single and paired lancets; large stepped buttress in centre of west end carries octagonal belfy with shouldered-arched openings set diagonally and short stone spire. Simpler bell-cote on east gable of nave carrying an old bell reputed to come from Lambley Priory...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1042915
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 201 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES