CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS - Rydal - List Entry

  • Description

    "Chapel of ease. C12, extensively restored and partly rebuilt c.1845, possibly by Sir Edward Blackett (cf. Matfen). Squared stone and ashlar with Welsh slate roof. Nave, chancel and west bellcote....Round-arched south portal of c.1845 with 3 orders of columns and unmoulded arch. ...3-bay chancel restored in Early English style with priest's door and lancets ...C13 chamfered chancel arch on C12 semicircular responds; the north capital has scallops and saltire crosses..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1042747
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 141 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES