FALSTONE COUNTY FIRST SCHOOL

  • Description

    "...The oldest school building at Falstone was built by the Swinburne family in the early nineteenth century and enlarged in 1884. It closed as a school in 1965 and became used as the village hall. The new school was in use from 27th April 1965. With comprehensive reorganisation it became a County First School from September 1975 and finally closed in July 1981 when the remaining pupils transferred to schools in Bellingham. The building was later used as a field studies centre..."
  • Owner

    National Archives
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/9401355b-50d7-4621-9976-1a10afb3c678
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years ago
    Viewed: 167 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES