Description"Hawkshead Courthouse is all that remains of the medieval manorial farm belonging to Furness Abbey, which until the dissolution of the monasteries in 1537 owned the whole of High Furness. The building was originally the east side of a quadrangle, and consisted of a gatehouse with the court room above. This is the only part to have survived the destruction of the other buildings...."
LicenseWhat does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
Further informationLink: https://www.visitcumbria.com/amb/hawkshead-courthouse/
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Pat Thomson
Last modified: 2 years, 3 months ago
Viewed: 181 times
Picture Taken: Unknown