Bedlington Station

  • Description

    "....The station was situated inconveniently about a mile north-east of the town, in the village of Sleekburn and close to Bedlington Colliery and several terraces of miners’ cottages. NER statistics showed a population of 14,755 served by the station in 1911.By the 1920s ribbon development of terraces along the main road linked Bedlington town to its station, and in the inter-war years residential development grew in the vicinity of the station. The 1961 O.S. one-inch map recognised Bedlington Station as an urban area in its own right...."
  • Owner

    Disused Stations
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://disused-stations.org.uk/b/bedlington/index.shtml
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Peter Smith
    Last modified: 2 years ago
    Viewed: 180 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES