Haverthwaite Station

  • Description

    "This is the southern terminus of the Lakeside & Haverthwaite heritage railway. The line originally opened in 1869 as part of the Furness Railway, but closed in 1965. This section re-opened in 1973 as a steam heritage line. The section from this station to Ulverston has been used to build the A590 road." Photo by Mike Smith, 2013.
  • Owner

    Mike Smith
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3454681
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 264 times
    Picture Taken: 2013-05-06
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES