Description"The single storey building on the right are now a Buddhist Monestery http://www.ratanagiri.org.uk/ Originally they were "Byre and barn to East of No. 2, Harnham " These agricultural buildings date to the 18th century; a lintel bears the initials T.L. and the date 1786. The letters refer to a member of the Leighton family - this family owned the area from 1702. This is a Grade II Listed Building protected by law. http://www.keystothepast.info/durhamcc/K2P.nsf/K2PDetail?readform&PRN=N21048" Photo by Les Hull, 2010.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2208925
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 4 months ago
Viewed: 206 times
Picture Taken: 2010-12-15