Description"A K6 type telephone box near the centre of the village. In 1935, the Post Office commissioned a new kiosk from Sir Giles Gilbert Scott to celebrate the Jubilee of King George V. The K6 Jubilee Kiosk, as it is known, was similar to the K2 box, being made of cast iron and painted red but was 25% lighter in weight. By the end of the 1930s there were 20,000 K6 telephone boxes in use all over the UK." Photo by Maigheach-gheal, 2010.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1819392
Resource type: Image
Added by: Edmund Anon
Last modified: 2 months ago
Viewed: 16 times
Picture Taken: 2010-03-25