CHURCH OF ST PETER - Great Asby - List Entry

  • Description

    "G.V. II Parish Church. 1866 gothic revival rebuild by Hay. Coursed sandstone blocks with stepped buttressing. Graduated slate roofs (chancel lower) with stone copings and kneelers; bellcote to west end is supported on pointed arch carried between buttresses. Aisled nave and chancel. 3-bay nave has south aisle with 3-light trefoil-headed windows; other side windows and west window have 2 trefoil-headed lights, with quatrefoil between, under pointed containing arch...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1144926
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 1 year, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 89 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES