Aldingham Hall

  • Description

    Building of Aldingham Hall was begun in 1846 by Revr Dr. John Stonard , then rector of the parish, and took four years to build. Stonard never saw it finished, however, as he died in 1849 and left it to his man servant, Edward Jones Schollick who had reportedly saved his master's life on the sands of Morecambe Bay. Schollick was an interesting character who became a local philanthropist with interests in shipbuilding and iron ore mining. He was unpopular, however, and emigrated to Australia in 1876. (Info from Wikipedia) It has since been a convalescence home and is now St Cuthbert's Residential Home
  • Owner

    swan-scot
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/70887256@N00/2110977916/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 2 months ago
    Viewed: 19 times
    Picture Taken: 2007-12-10T12:17:25
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES